Saturday, April 2, 2011

April 2, 2011

Today my mom came home from the Ramsey Sale, which for those of you who don't know what it is, its a small town outside of Van and every year they get together and sell their stuff....my mom worked selling stuff for Catholic Charities and brought me home something awesome.

It is the first edition of my favorite book, East of Eden by John Stienbeck.

This is one of my favorite quotes from the book....
"And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: any idea, religion, or government which limits or destroys the individual. This is what I am and what I am about."


No comments:

Post a Comment