Wednesday, February 9, 2011

February 9, 2011

And today.....was another weird day.

I got up at 5:30 am and started to get ready for my day of substitute teaching at South Central.

I love student teaching there, the kids are generally good and I like the other teachers there. Its where I student taught, so it feels sort of like home.

Today though, would prove to be not one of those great days at South Central that I'm used to.

They had lost a student to one thing that I will never understand and thats suicide. Seeing the look on all those kids faces was absolutely heartbreaking. Something I never want to have to experience ever again.

When I was driving home from South Central my phone rang.

I was offered the job that I had interviewed for the day before. Of course I accepted.

I am so incredibly excited to be teaching, even though its not social studies, and its not in a high school or middle school, but still its teaching. I am ready to start the new phase of my life even though it might be hard to say goodbye to what I'm used to. I guess this is what growing up is about.

Tonight I looked at the sky as the sun was setting, and I thought it would be a suitable picture to sum up my day.

The night is coming, and I guess it could represent the unknown....for whats going to happen to my career, for whats going happen to all the families and friends that that student left behind. But then with the darkness, theres always light to help guide our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment