Thursday, January 27, 2011

January 26, 2011

Sigh, another bad quality picture, I need to start carrying my actual camera around with me, my cell phone just doesn't cut it when its dark.

Anyway, recently, Claire and I have gotten into the habit of driving to Edwardsville and meeting up with our wonderful friend Tara and then we go see movies. Last time it was The Black Swan, which left us all a little confused and disturbed. We decided it was a good movie, very intense, but none of us would probably view it again.

Tonight we watched The King's Speech. It was a very very good movie. It was nice to see Helena Bonham Carter not playing a creep and Colin Firth is always enjoyable.

I think I also really enjoyed this movie because as a kid I spent most of elementary school in speech classes because I was unable to say my "ch's", "sh's" and "th's" correctly. I know its not as a big of a deal as stuttering, but still, not being able to speak correctly was embarrassing, and I'm super grateful for all you speech language pathologists who continue to help people find their voice.

3 comments:

  1. I think my mom's in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yes, I don't know why she didn't want to sit by us...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, we're really delightful.

    ReplyDelete