Wednesday, January 19, 2011

November 19, 2011

In no ways would anyone ever call me a beer connoisseur. Anyone who knows me knows that my beer of choice is Miller Lite, it has been for years. 2 summers ago I was up in Chicago and two of my friends took me to this bar called the Hopleaf..or the Hopfly, or something to that extent. This place basically had a million beers from around the world.

I had tried some craft beers in the past and uggh, did not like, but I thought, hey I'm in Chicago at a bar that has any beer ever, I'd look pretty silly ordering my usual. So after a long long look at the menu I chose some sort of blonde.

I took my first drink and I was distraught, way too many tastes going on at the same time. So I did what any person would do and just chugged the thing. I'm not one to let a beer go to waste. After my friends finished their beer and had a good laugh on how uncultured I am when it comes to beer, we left and went to a regular old bar and had a few pitchers of Miller Lite, and it was magical.

Well last month I decided that I would some how make myself appear a little bit classy and try to like something else. So after some trial and error, I finally found something I enjoy, the sad thing is, its a winter brew, and will be gone before I know it. Its Schlafly Winter ESB, brewed just down the road in St. Louis.

So, I will enjoy this winter beer while the snow falls, but of course, my heart will always remain true to Miller Lite.

No comments:

Post a Comment